Monday, March 14, 2016

Chapter 9 Reflection

Kelvin Paez

   In the book "Outliers: The Story of Success" by Malcolm Gladwell, he talks about how these middle school students from KIPP use a protocol called SSLANT. This is an acronym for for: smile, sit up, listen, ask questions, nod when being spoken to and track with your eyes. This is supposed to be used within the class in order to optimize learning, by being focused and look enthusiastic about education.
   Furthermore, implementing these protocol will be very strange to me. However there will be many benefits, me sitting up will reduce the chances of me form slouching and sleeping. Smiling will make me enthusiastic about learning and the rest will just help me pay attention in class and remember everything that is being taught. I do some of these elements of the protocol already, that being asking questions and listening. However, for the ones such as smiling and nodding, that will feel quite strange to me and most likely uncomfortable to me. The same goes for my friends since, I do not normally do those things they will most likely presume that something strange is going on with me. Besides this, I believe doing this protocol would be completely beneficial in the class because I will be completely focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment